Friday, January 10, 2014

Women's Circle Traveling Art Journal - Part II **UPDATED



So dearest ones, several people indicated they would like to participate in our women's circle (and some men ;-)) traveling journal.

So, I have the journal and will be the first one to mail it out.

There are only a few guidelines (to make it fair) and another little surprise I thought about.

I. I will be the first person to mail the journal. Each person, next in the line, will be on a drawing basis. There are some folks who live outside the US, so I want this to be completely fair in terms of postage.

II. Each person will only have access to mailing address to the next person in the chain. Everyone who expressed interest in participating are bloggers I have been following for a while, so I am pretty sure there are no psychos on the list, but privacy is important.

III. You do not need to be an artist to participate. This is a project of love, of sisterhood, of support, so you can express yourself on our pages anyway way you want.

IV. Each person gets to keep the journal for 7 days, then the journal needs to be mailed to the next person.

V. Please, only participate if you can commit not to break the chain.

Now last but not least, the journal will come back to me at the end. However, I didn't think it was fair for me to keep it. Therefore, once the journal has completed it's round, I will raffle the final product among those who participated!!!

I will post all blogs that are participating here on IA, so other bloggers can check on you and see the process of your work.

So, if you are interested, please e-mail me your mailing address: tofindana@gmail.com

UPDATE: Hi all, some artists indicated 3 days is too tight of a schedule, so I changed that to 7 days to accommodate life's perils ;-) Thank you for the feedback all!!!!!!

UPDATE II: Hello guys, I am starting to get info on the participants of the traveling journal! If you want to participate, email me at tofindana@gmail.com

20 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hope you have fun. Sometime each person has their own journal that they mail out to the other person and so on and in the end the person's journal goes back to that person. I just finished reading at Priti Lisa's blog on the Magical Journey Journal as it was called They each started with their own journal and were then sent to another person and so on until all had taken part. The journals are just beautiful. Have a great weekend and enjoy your new fun escapade.

bella said...

Yay. I am excited to participate! Thanks for doing this, Ana.

Cloudia said...

Good luck everyone!



ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

jinxxxygirl said...

This does sound very interesting but i think i will pass this time at least. Three days is just too tight of a schedule for me. Great idea though! Hugs! deb

Riot Kitty said...

Hey, sorry about the miscommunication - I think it's a great idea but my art sucks! So I will be happy to read about it here :)

Vanessa Morgan said...

What a fun idea!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This sounds super duper fun :)

Anonymous said...

yes, i would LOVE too...
do want some other fabulous
artists on board...we all
have been doing traveling
journals together...let me
know and I can get you their
names...xoxo Eden

Anonymous said...

yippee...
think there are 10 of us
that are faithful to this
traveling journal concept.
Be in touch with their
names/links as soon as they
confirm.
FUN...FUN...FUN...

Gabrielle said...

Ana- you are a brilliant, creative soul to do this. I'd love to participate. What a great way to connect a tribe of bloggers! I'm so glad you said we don't have to be great at art :)

Jeanie said...

I'm in! I'll mail you may contact info along with a couple of dates when I know I will be away and unable to do a three-day turnaround, so you can time it appropriately. (If it's after my art workshop in early March, my spread might be better!) This sounds like such fun!

Magic Love Crow said...

I am in ;o) I will e-mail you ;o) So much fun ;o)

Fundy Blue said...

What a great idea, Ana. I know better than to commit though ~ I'm too ADHD! I'd probably lose the journal, spill coffee on it, or some such disaster! I will enjoy hearing about its progress. Perhaps you can post pictures of the finished art before you raffle it off. Take care!

Andria said...

This sounds like a wonderful project...I will enjoy watching it unfold. And I love the pages in your journal...lovely!

The Dancing Crone said...

A bit scary - what if I get s creative block, yikes! but I'm going to dive in. Sounds so interesting!

Middle Girl said...

I'm IN!!
Woot. Sounds like so much fun.

Terra said...

That journal will be a treasure. How many are taking part, just wondering since each can have it 7 days.

Nadia said...

Great idea Ana! Count me in!!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

I was planning to participate, Ana, but I've got so much to do right now that I'll have to pass this time :( Have fun!

Kyra Wilson said...

I'm in, and I don't mind international postage if that helps! I hope I'm not too late! I'm emailing you.