Sunday, June 19, 2016

Time


Wow, It seems that every time I now come back to this little corner of the world, a year has passed. 

So much has happened in these past 9 months and if I am honest, most of it has been rather trying


The most painful is the loss of our beautiful Danielle. Last year, she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and it was a slow decline from there. She passed away in my arms while my husband and I rushed her to the ER... just 5 minutes from our house. That morning, I hugged and cried with her and gave her permission to leave this world. She waited for me to come home from work and gave me the gift of being with her, when she crossed the rainbow bridge at age 13.

The above photo was taken just 1 week before her passing in April, and it hurts raw still. We miss her everyday.


Our Sparky is still here. In July, he will be celebrating his 16th birthday and I thank the heavens, because I know everyday together is a blessing and a gift.



We visited Costa Rica in February and although a beautiful country, we were not able to enjoy it. Danielle was sick, my husband's work had turned into hell and things were just not in a  good place.


We adopted a new friend. Her name is Bonita and she is 6 years old.

Everything else has been... trying. I come to a place where I absolutely despise my work, but find myself having to wait a couple of more years before parting from it.

Our 5 year plan is still under way. My husband is also at a place where he can no longer put up with the callousness of our corporate careers and also dream with the moment we can say goodbye.

I have also envisioned a plan of where I may want to be, but I have to say, it has been almost unbearable to continue on. My consolation is to know that this will not go on for much longer. 

We have realized that life is so finite, so fragile, and we want to live and enjoy while we still can. The corporate world is eating my soul.







12 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

My heart goes out to you!.... I bet Sparky's heart was broken as well.. but, I am glad u bounced back and opened your heart to a new fur baby!... What a cutie....

Caffeine Girl said...

I was so glad to see a post from you, though I am sorry that these past months have been trying. You are not alone! My husband left the corporate world a year ago, and he is so much happier. I am miserable in my work, but for now I provide both income and insurance. Like you, I am charting my way to different, more creative life.

So sorry for your loss.

Hang in there and keep in touch.

Cloudia said...

Deeply sorry for your loss

Lois said...

Oh - it sounds like you have had a hard year. Some years are like that, and I hope that things at work become easier. My husband very nearly left his job for a less stressful one, but at the cusp of leaving was offered golden-carrots to stay, so here we are, still here. Some things we cannot control, it is a hard lesson for me. I hope you have a beautiful summer.

sonia a. mascaro said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Danielle... So sad to loss a dear friend...

Sparky looks beautiful and Bonita is very "bonita"!

PS: I found your blog on Letitia's blog.

Els said...

Ahhhh so many sad things ...

Love your fragile painting though, and hope things will
change for the best soon, Indeed : life's too precious
to "waste" it ... take care !

Sketchbook Wandering said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the hard stuff in your life...Your Danielle is beautiful, how you must miss her. Good luck with the changes, I trust they will happen.

Martha said...

It is wonderful to hear from you but I'm terribly sorry to hear of your heartbreaking loss. And the struggles you face. I wish for better days for you up ahead.

Naquillity said...

i'm so sorry for your loss. i know how deeply this hurts. i lost my cat in Feb of last year and it still hurts. he would have been 14 that march. so very sorry for your loss.

hope everything else works itself out too. i'm sure it's difficult working somewhere you've lost interest. here's hoping something new and refreshing comes your way.

have a great night~

Magic Love Crow said...

So nice to hear from you! But, I am sorry for all you have been going through! Sorry for the loss of Danielle. I know it's so hard! Give Sparky a hug from me! Bonita looks adorable! Give her a hug too! I wish you and your hubby all the best!!! I know you both can do it! Keep your dreams alive!

Jeanie said...

Welcome back, Ana. It does indeed sound like a trying year and one with heartbreak, especially the loss of Danielle. Your art is beautiful, though. Nice to see you!

Shaharoh said...

It is nice to read your words again and it is comforting to know that most artists I know feel the same way about the corporate world. I cannot wait until you are free from the bondage of this soul-killing cycle. I cannot wait until I am too. Until then, dreaming is a must. xoxo